Clips

I agree with the policy of Youtube. Thank you so much for the beautiful clips on the web. Thank you Bellecourse for your wonderful clips delayed. We could enjoy together and meet young vivid Nana, even Nana on the stage of the British Concert 1974! In this site, we use clips only for private use, not for comercial. Sachi

6/08/2007

Nana News 5, www.hfxnews.ca、から

Nana News, hfxnews.ca、から
今サヨナラコンサートが行われている、カナダからハリファックスのニュースをご紹介します♪
6月8日公演でした♪


Mouskouri on farewell tour to say thank you
DEAN LISK

Cher liked it so much, she keeps doing it and doing it.

But, Nana Mouskouri - that other singer with the raven hair parted down the centre - says this concert tour is her last one.

"I am not going to do that," Mouskouri said. "I am going to be stubborn about it and say No. This is a way to say thank you, because one day I won't be able to say that."

The Greek-born chanteuse pays her final musical respects to Halifax on Friday with a performance at the Metro Centre. It is part of a farewell world tour Mouskouri has been undertaking to officially say goodbye to her fans before retreating behind the scenes.

"I can sing well still, but I have started thinking, 'How long can it last?'" she asks on the phone from her home in Geneva. "I am afraid that a point will come where I won't be able to sing. And, I wouldn't want to do that. I think the audiences deserve respect. It's time for me to let the younger people go further."

Mouskouri's career started in the 1950s in her native Greece. She studied voice at the Hellenic Conservatory in Athens, winning numerous music prizes, which helped launch her career. She's recorded more than 1,500 songs in a dozen languages in various styles, and sold more than 300 million records.

In a fitting conclusion, Mouskouri's final emotion-filled goodbye concert will take place in Athens next spring.

"I started to sing very early in life, and this year I just completed five decades," the 71-year-old said. "I love music. But, time has gone by, and my children now are the same age when I was already very popular."

The singer, known for wearing trademark dark-rimmed glasses, says Canada has always been one of her favourite places to perform. At one point, her manager was Canadian, and he had her touring like a Canuck. Every 18 months, she would tour either Eastern or Western Canada.

"I travelled Canada in a way very few artists did," she said "So, I had this impression I was living in Canada, and it was wonderful."

While many of her audience members are fans who have been there for all of her career, she has also seen younger people coming out to say their farewells. Mouskouri said her younger fans usually tell her how their parents would listen to her.

"It brings satisfaction to me that the music brought pleasure to the people who heard me, and even their children remembered," she said. "This is my reward."

dlisk@hfxnews.ca
日本語への自動翻訳はこちら


Last updated at 7:15 AM on 09/06/07

Crowd feasts on Mouskouri in farewell tour
Post a comment
DEAN LISK
Dressed in white, Nana Mouskouri appeared on the Metro Centre stage like an enduring Greek muse................
read more

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

自動翻訳、微妙ですねぇ
判ったような判らないような・・

サチさんの絶妙な翻訳が懐かしいです

(昨日はガンとして開かなかったのですが、今日は、開いて良かったです!)

Anonymous said...

ペガサスさんへ♪
本当に自動翻訳はビミョー、ですね♪

絶妙なんて(汗
お恥ずかしいですぅ。