Clips

I agree with the policy of Youtube. Thank you so much for the beautiful clips on the web. Thank you Bellecourse for your wonderful clips delayed. We could enjoy together and meet young vivid Nana, even Nana on the stage of the British Concert 1974! In this site, we use clips only for private use, not for comercial. Sachi

3/13/2008

Nana News from /w3.bcn.es




Homepage > News> Details

» Printing version
» Send to a friend



Nana Mouskouri: "Barcelona has a very important place in my life"
posted 10/03/2008 at 17:30 h. Letícia Castellsaguer

The Greek diva is giving just one performance with a very Latin selection of songs

"Music is what has kept me young," says Nana Mouskouri, who, at the age of 73 and with a life dedicated to singing, has decided to quit the stage. Her farewell tour only has one stop in Spain and that is at Barcelona's Palau de la Música.

For Mouskouri this has not been an easy decision. "The stage is my family, my husband, my child, my everything," she confesses. Nevertheless, having recorded over 1,500 songs, she believes it is time to give way to a new generation of artists.

And she continues: "I want to get used to living without singing or going on tour, because I'm 73. I am incredibly strong to be able to sing till now with the same enthusiasm as in my early years. My voice is more mature but I sing the same, I have the same tone as when I was 25. This is a miracle that will not last forever."

An emotional concert in Barcelona

Mouskouri recalls her links with the city. "Barcelona has a very important place in my life," she says, referring to her appearance at the 1960 Festival Mediterrani, adding: "It was a surprise to win the first prize in Barcelona with Despierta mi amor in Greek".

In a career spanning fifty years she has sold 350 million records and says: "Barcelona marks the start of my international career." Following her Festival Mediterrani appearance, she was invited to sing in France and the United States.

She is a really global artist. Capable of singing in eleven different languages, including Chinese, she has made songs by Leonard Cohen and Bob Dylan her own.

For the Barcelona concert she will perform a good part of the songs in Spanish. "I haven't decided on the repertoire but in my heart I know what it is. It will be a very Latin show," she says. So, it could include María Dolores or Llegó con tres heridas.

Once the tour is over, Mouskouri will devote herself to her cultural foundation to help young artists, musicians as well as others. "I believe art is very important for the spirit, for education, integration and to have an identity," she explains.




Event information:



» IX Festival del Mil·lenni: Concert 'The Great Farewell World Tour', amb Nana Mouskouri
Date: 14/03/2008
Palau de la Música Catalana
C Sant Francesc de Paula, 2
Ciutat Vella

No comments: