Clips

I agree with the policy of Youtube. Thank you so much for the beautiful clips on the web. Thank you Bellecourse for your wonderful clips delayed. We could enjoy together and meet young vivid Nana, even Nana on the stage of the British Concert 1974! In this site, we use clips only for private use, not for comercial. Sachi

7/27/2008

Nana News from www.greecetravelblog

Sat 26 Jul 2008
City of Athens Gold Medal of Merit to Nana Mouskouri
Posted by Greece Travel Blog under Athens Send it to a friend Send a
Nana Mouskouri was presented with the City of Athens Gold Medal of Merit at the City Hall. A few hours before Nana Mouskouri was to appear at the Herod Atticus theatre for her farewell concert, bringing to a close a 50-years career featuring more than 350 gold and platinum albums and 300 million album sales globally. Athens was the final venue of Mouskouri’s Farewell World Tour that she embarked on in June 2007.

In the ceremony at Athens City Hall Mouskouri said: “I believe that if music did not exist, I would not be here today… Mr Mayor and dear friends, I would like to say that I was honoured the moment I was born in this land and began to live with this love within me. I loved our country very much because it endured a great deal…”

“Music lent me wings so I could dream and find the love I was searching for in this world… I always dreamed of something better, about love, happiness and even the happiness we could give to others. So I exchanged and shared, and the honour I am receiving today is something I will never forget…”

Berlin Mayor Klaus Wowereit and Luxembourg Mayor Paul Helminger attended the ceremony, as guests of the Mayor of Athens, as well as the Ambassadors of France, Belgium, Denmark, Luxembourg and Slovenia, and the charges d’ affaires of Spain, Germany, Estonia, Cyprus, Latvia, Poland and Sweden. The dignitaries also attended Nana Mouskouri’s final farewell concert Thursday night.


Read More

No comments: